ERI has teamed up with MRM and TCL to host free, safely social distanced electronics recycling events at our Fresno and Aurora facilities tomorrow (Saturday, November 14th). The event provides locals with an opportunity to take their unwanted TVs, computers, cell phones, and other devices and conveniently drop them off to be responsibly recycled at no cost!
Participants can easily reserve a time online to drop-off items, and on Saturday, November 14 conveniently drive-through, drop-off, and go! Free appointments are available at the click of a button on a first come, first served basis, with a proven and safe drop-off method that maintains social distancing.
The event will take place Saturday, November 14, 2020 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. At:
ERI's Fresno Location
3243 South East Avenue, Building 108
Fresno, California 93725
Fresno Time Slot Reservations
ERI's Aurora Location
3250 Abilene St.
Aurora, CO 80011
Aurora Time Slot Reservations
The event is open to all residents and there is no limit on the number of accepted devices.
Appointment availability is on a first come, first served basis and so be sure to book yours soon. Consumers are asked to please arrive with their electronics items during their scheduled time slot on November 14th.
Items accepted include computers (desktop and laptops), monitors (CRT and flat screen), all-in-one computers, tablets, mice/keyboards, printers, fax machines, VCR/DVD players, cable boxes/DVRs, stereo equipment, cell phones, gaming consoles, televisions (CRT and flat screen).
ERI will recycle the e-waste collected at the event, destroying all data (even when a device is not fully destroyed) and recycling or refurbishing all items in an environmentally responsible manner.
ERI has partnered with a range of manufacturers, retailers, municipalities, and collectors to offer responsible recycling nationwide. Search above to find a drop off location where you can responsibly recycle your unwanted electronics.
ERI is committed to supporting responsible collection and recycling of covered electronic products (CEPs). CEPs include TVs, monitors, computers and laptops. Please enter the type of CEP you wish to recycle and your zip code to locate your nearest ERI supported drop-off location.
If you can't find an option, look for an upcoming recycling event or mail certain brands to us for responsible recycling at no cost. Select your brand for the list below, if you cannot find your brand here, please search individual brand websites for additional options.
You can also visit recyclenation.com for options to recycle additional items.
* Mailback program not operated by ERI.
Some of ERI's proud partners include:
If you have any questions, please call 1-800-ERI-DIRECT (374-3473). ERI encourages consumers to take additional steps to destroy all personal and confidential data contained on computers, data storage devices, and hard drives. While ERI provides data destruction on all products received, it is always a good idea for consumers to consider removing or wiping their data prior to return. The following are some options for destroying data on your device:
- Consult your product’s user manual or manufacturer’s website for information on factory reset buttons or reconfiguration menus.
- Utilize software programs for data erasure. Examples include but are not limited to DBAN or Eraser.
Maryland Consumers: For Maryland consumers only, ERI offers a program for our manufacturers that meets the following requirements:
- The program is free to Maryland consumers.
- The program offers free shipping to Maryland consumers.
- The program offers free recycling to Maryland consumers.
The program offers free packaging to Maryland consumers, if requested.
- Maryland consumers with questions regarding our program or that wish to request free packaging can email us via our Contact Us page or call 800-374-3473.
- Maryland consumers should read above for instructions on how to destroy personal and confidential data.
New York State Consumers: ERI’s supported manufacturers will accept all their branded covered electronic equipment and with any purchase of their branded covered electronic equipment, ERI will recycle your old brand of the same type of covered electronic equipment at no cost. New York consumers with questions regarding ERI’s program or that wish to request free packaging can also email us via our Contact Us page. For more information, please visit New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s website.
If you purchased covered electronic equipment and would like to return a different brand of the same type of covered electronic equipment, please contact us. In that email, please include the following information:
For your new branded product, please include the:
- Product Type
- Serial Number
For the old product you wish to return, please include the:
- Product Type
- Estimated Weight
- Shipping Information:
- Address, City, State, Zip
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- For your new branded product, please include the:
- New Jersey Consumers: For New Jersey Consumers who are not physically able to travel to a collection site without assistance and/or not physically able to lift and move heavy (50 pounds in weight or heavier) or unwieldy covered electronic devices, ERI provides pick up service at no cost for certain branded products. Please call us at 800-572-5300. Consumers can also find additional information by visiting the NJ Department of Environmental Protection’s website.
- Texas Consumers: View our list of sites in Texas that accept televisions for recycling.